2006 marked Thunderbird’s 50th anniversary in the production of fiberglass powerboats. A progressive, family-owned company located in Decatur, Indiana, Thunderbird produces boats that are world renowned for beautiful styling, advanced engineering and exciting performance on the water. With a long-established philosophy of uncompromising quality in every detail, Formula is recognized as today’s premier powerboat. Company history reflects the constant evolution of forward-looking product in the FAS³TECH® hull, trendsetting Super Sports and Sun Sports, and also in luxurious Performance Cruiser models.
The Formula Difference
Thunderbird's tradition of excellence continues to be the hallmark of each Formula powerboat. Victor B. Porter had been producing powerboats for almost twenty years when he and other family members acquired Thunderbird in 1976. Over the past twenty-five years the Porter family has concentrated on producing the highest quality product possible, complemented fully by responsive, customer-oriented service.
Thunderbird maintains the highest manufacturing standards for you
• The Thunderbird manufacturing facility was designed specifically for the production of Formula powerboats.
• A recent addition of 143,500 square feet accommodates expanded production and development of larger powerboats.
• Adapting advancing technology as it becomes available ensures superior quality far into the future.
• Plant design and individual working conditions make it easy for employees to do their job right every time.
Dynamic employee programs result in progressively higher levels of Formula owner satisfaction
• Volunteer Employee Involvement and Self-Directed Work Teams generate continual product improvement.
• Employees concentrate on improving efficiency and overall quality as a team.
• Formula owners appreciate this built-in reliability every time they boat.
• An on-site training program, C.O.R.E. (Champions of Reaching Excellence), expands and sharpens Formula employees’ personal and professional developmental skills.
Formula Reliability Centers deliver superior service to Formula owners.
• As Formula dealers are well informed regarding product knowledge, you can rely on them to provide expert technical and mechanical service.
• Ready availability of parts keeps Formula boaters on the water.
• Dealers receive timely Thunderbird product updates and are assigned a Technical Assistance representative at the plant to answer their questions.
• Formula works with your dealership to ensure that you receive expert service quickly.